Monday, May 7, 2012

Final Blog project Week 10


1.            Review your unit 3 personal assessment of your psychological, physical, and spiritual well-being. Reflect on these areas . How did you score yourself on a scale from 1 to 10 in unit 3? How do you score yourself now? Has the score changed? Why or why not?
As for my physical I had rated it a double zero. Even though I am nowhere near my goal weight, I have made some changed in my diet and I am doing the best that I can do at the present moment. I do have fibromyalgia and I had went to the doctor and he prescribed me Lyrica. It has helped me out tremendously! I do not feel as much pain and I can do things easier than I could before. I actually have energy and I can clean, run, jump, play, work, walk, etc without much pain. I do still feel some and have my bad days; but, I am happy I am functional now. I was miserable before, now I am a little happier! I do try to get some kind of exercise everyday; however, I need to do more if I want to get to my goal weight. I have lost maybe ten pounds of weight, but it is a start! It is going to be a tough project, but I am looking forward to a new me, healthier me, and a happier me. So, instead of a double zero for my score, I will move it up to a one. One step at a time and no looking back. For my spiritual, I do feel like I am closer, but not as close as I would like to be. I rated myself a five and even though I feel closer to my spiritual, I think a five it should stay. I say that because, what I have been taught in this class is that it takes some time to heal the inner self. I believe I am on the right path though and look forward to a more spiritual me. I do know my psychological is better as well. I am not as depressed as I was and I feel more happier and less sad. I would say that I am lighter and not as heavy in my feelings. I may feel lighter, but I need to still work on my psychological. I still have low self-esteem; on the other hand, I am working on it. I had rated myself a one, so I think it is a two now. One day at a time I say. Even though I may be taking baby steps, I am getting there.
2.            Review the goals and activities you set for yourself in each area. Have you made progress toward the goals? Explain.
I have made some progress towards my goals; although, I still need a lot of work. I am taking it day by day. One step at a time. I have joined fitday.com and that helps with my diet and adding in my foods and keeping a track of what I eat and what I should eat. How much calories I am suppose to have each day. I still need to add more exercise. I do walk about a half an hour at least three times a week. If I can up it to five or six day a week, that would be better. I also need to add some stretches and other exercises. I need to continue to add more time to my meditation. I have made an appointment with the nutritionist to talk about what I can do about my weight.
3.            personal experience throughout this course. Have you developed improved well-being? What has been rewarding? What has been difficult? How will this experience improve your ability to assist others?
I have enjoyed this class very much and it was eye opening. It has helped me get closer to my spiritual, physical and psychological self. Yes, I have developed an improved well-being. What has been rewarding is being able to help myself be happier and healing myself along my goals and paths for the future. Happy to know that I am on my right path in life and it makes me blissful! What has been difficult it my frustration and not being able to have peace and quiet on my times I needed to meditate. I am learning to get over that. This experience will improve my ability to assist others because I have went on this same path that they are going to go through with my help. They will trust me and I can share my story.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Devery,

    Congratulations on taking the first steps to your happier, healthier lifestyle. I'm also glad to hear that you are able to get some relief from your fibromyalgia. If you feel better, you will be able to move around more and make gains in your goal to lose weight. Don' give up, once you see yourself meeting your goals, your self esteem will increase.

    Best of wishes to you!

    ReplyDelete