Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Unit 8 Blog project


Complete the following and post in your blog:
1.            Review the exercises and practice sessions you have completed in this course. (Loving Kindness, Subtle mind, Visualization, meditation etc.) Choose two practices that you have determined to be most beneficial. How can you implement these practices in your personal life to foster “mental fitness”? Provide specific examples.
I think that the best practices that were most beneficial to me was the loving kindness and the visualization. The loving kindness relaxed me and set me at ease. As for the visualization, I  have always closed my eyes and see things flash behind my lids. Whether it be shapes, people or places, I always try to see it more in a clear way  like we watch TV and I usually get a head ache! Lol J I like watching images flash in and out and adding meditation to it is even better. Listening to an individual speaking and telling you to visualize an image is fun and relaxing. I do like meditation as well. It is a good way to calm down your brain. The subtle mind was satisfactory; although, I prefer the others to do before I would do that one. If I practice daily with one or more of these exercises, my mental fitness will improve dramatically to a more healthy state of mind. I would be happier, saner, more relaxed, and able to accept things better and with a happy face. I would be able to help others as well. Instead of sending negative vibes to people, I would be sending happy vibes and would not contaminate anyone with bad juju. A happy person sends of happy vibes and makes others happy as well or feel better. Stay away from the ones that are angry and send of bad vibes. It brings a person down and others can sense it as well and bring them down.

1 comment:

  1. Devery,
    I too enjoyed the loving-kindness practice. I have found it to be beneficial to help me in removing some of my negative thoughts about certain people that I know I can't change so why worry about them and have them affect my life. By doing this don't you feel better about yourself? I know I do. I don't know about you but it is nice to have practices that will help me get through the rough times. Great job.

    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete