Monday, April 2, 2012

Week 5 Blog post Loving kindness/subtle mind


Your mental fitness practice this week incorporates the concept of the subtle mind (Dacher p.75). This week, replace the Loving Kindness exercise of unit four with Practice 2: The Subtle Mind practice mp3 (located in the Doc Sharing thread).
1.            Compare and contrast the Loving Kindness exercise and the Subtle mind exercise. Explain your experience including the benefits, frustrations etc. I do not see much difference in the two except different speakers. The subtle mind exercise was longer and longer meditation. I did love the sound of the sea and the flute. I would have liked to have had more of the flute sound. I had distractions again this time. Too many to really get into the meditation. I do not have internet at home and have to do the exercises at my parents. Their TV is really loud and my dad asked a question, and my kids interrupted me too. While I was trying to concentrate, I envisioned me sitting in the sand and the water flowing up to me and  behind me. I also thought of a small water fall. I love water and the sea sounds. I was most defiantly frustrated about not being able to fully have my attention into this meditation. I wish I could down load this mp3 and listen to it at home.
2.            Discuss the connection of the spiritual wellness to mental and physical wellness. Explain how the connection is manifested in your personal life. Spiritual wellness and physical wellness needs to be intertwined together somehow because it heals the person from the inside out. Connecting with your inner self is rewarding and relaxing. Physical action can give off that same rewarding feeling of "Ah". Now to connect them together is even  enhanced in the happiness and healthiness. It is more that "Ah", it is more like having birthday cake every day, or soaring through the air like a bird, some kind of super happiness feeling. To get this feeling, one only has to exercise and add the meditation with it to come to an ultimate climax of a tremendous queen/king like feeling. I plan on doing this myself. If I feel awesome when  I do a vigorous workout, and relaxed and soothed after meditation; combining them, will take me to a new level of feeling. It will feel like a new person or a reborn person into this wonderful world of love and kindness.

No comments:

Post a Comment